Half of the least stressful jobs of 2019 are in healthcare
You might not think of the healthcare sector as a low-stress working environment. You may find yourself literally dealing with life and death situations at work. However, if you are looking for a little less pressure but still want to contribute to the field of health, there are many roles that may suit you.
The job ranking experts at CareerCast recently released their annual list of the career paths with the most and least stress. Perhaps surprisingly, fully half of the jobs on the low stress list are in the healthcare sector.
The Ten Least Stressful Jobs of 2019
10. Massage Therapist [View Massage Therapist jobs on HealthJobHub]
9. Pharmacy Technician [See Pharmacy opportunities available now]
8. Operations Research Analyst
6. Medical Records Technician [See positions open for Medical Records Technicians]
5. University Professor
4. Audiologist [Audiologist positions available now]
3. Hair Stylist
2. Compliance Officer
1. Diagnostic Medical Sonographer [Job openings for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers]
While not cracking the top 10, the role of dietitian also scored high marks for quality of working conditions and know stress. [See dietitian roles open now on HealthJobHub.]
Of course, no job will ever be completely without stress, the Jobs Rated team ranked over 100 positions based on 11 criteria to rank them from most to least stressful. These 10 scored the best marks for limited pressure to take work home with you and relaxed deadlines among other factors. You can read the full report and methodology over at CareerCast.com.